Welcome to the SGMS Counselor’s Corner!
Meet your School Counselors
Ms. Thanya Villarreal- 6th Grade and 7th Grade A-L
Ms. Alicia Galarza- 8th Grade and 7th Grade M-Z
Our LCD Counselor
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
Ms. Alina Solodkin
LBJ High School
5626 Cielito Lindo Blvd.
Laredo, TX, 78046
Our Positive Behavior Facilitator
Our Gang Intervention Facilitator
UNITED ISD Mission Statement
WE ARE UNITED in providing a safe and nurturing environment that utilizes innovative and diverse teaching strategies through the use of a rigorous curriculum, technology integration, and strong parental engagement to inspire all students to become responsible and productive world citizens.
UNITED ISD Guidance and Counseling Mission Statement
The Guidance and Counseling department intentionally plans, organizes, and implements a comprehensive school counseling program aligned with the Texas Model that assists all students in their personal, social, academic, and career development. Professional School Counselors (PSCs) collaborate with stakeholders to meet the individual needs of each student by implementing supports aiding in student growth which further cultivates their development into global citizens.
Guidance and Counseling – Professional School Counselor Beliefs
• All students can achieve academic success given appropriate supports in safe and nurturing environments while respecting their unique and diverse needs;
• All students have value and the right to have access to a comprehensive school counseling program;
• All students can grow personally when their social and emotional needs are met;
• All school counselors will advocate for UISD student needs through student-centered policies and procedures;
• All school counselors understand student personal-social developmental stages and will provide appropriate proactive and responsive counseling services.
At SGMS, we follow “The Cougar Way:”
I- Integrity- Take responsibility for your actions.
R- Respect – Use appropriate language and voice level. Follow adult directions. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
S- Safety- Report to designated areas in a quick, quiet, calm, and orderly manner. Always display Hall Pass.